Most low speed vehicle run overs happen in a driveway with the vehicle going forwards or reversing.
Step 1: Supervise
- Children should always be supervised by an adult who is holding their hand when they are around driveways or near vehicles
- Children can also be put in their child restraint in the vehicle before it is moved around your property.
Step 2: Separate
- Driveways should not be used as play areas. Create a fenced safe play area for your child which is away from driveways
- Separate driveways and garages from play areas with fences and self-closing and locking doors and gates.
Step 3: See
- All vehicles have blind spots. Children move quickly and are not always seen, even with reversing sensors and cameras in vehicles
- Check where children are at all times before moving a vehicle.