Health Promotion Projects
Health promotion is defined as the process of enabling people to increase control over the determinants of health and thereby improve their health. To reach a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being an individual or group must be able to identify and realise aspirations, to satisfy needs and to change or cope with the environment.(1)
Health, is therefore, more than the absence of disease. It is a positive concept that emphasises physical, mental and social well being.
For more information, please visit the following sites:
- Health Promotion Branch, NSW Health
- Australian Health Promotion Association
- Australian Centre for Health Promotion
- Health Promotion Journal of Australia
- World Health Organization - Health Promotion
- Health Promotion International Journal
- Cochrane Collaboration - Health Promotion and Public Health Interventions
(1) Nutbeam, D (1986) Health Promotion Glossary. Health Promotion vol 1 No 1 Oxford University Press.